(updated April 7, 2021)
For the health and safety of all, we ask that those visiting our lobby follow these guidelines. We continue to encourage the use of mobile & online banking, telephone banking, drive-up, and mobile check deposit, when possible to minimize face-to-face interaction.
Arcadia Credit Union has taken several precautions to protect you, including:
- Hand sanitizing station at the front door.
- Shields in front of our teller windows.
- Limiting in-person transactions to no more than 15 minutes.
When visiting Arcadia Credit Union, please remember:
- Observe social distancing of at least six feet.
- Wear a face mask.
- Do not visit us if you feel ill or have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Make an appointment in advance by calling 608-323-2126.
We will continue to monitor local conditions and lobby accessibility may change. Our decisions are based on the health and safety of our staff, our members, and our community. Thank you for trusting Arcadia Credit Union.
REMINDER: If you have experienced any signs of illness including sneezing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, headache, or fever that you refrain from visiting our office and utilize one of the remote services mentioned above.
- Online vaccination offers have been circulating. THIS IS A SCAM. Call your local healthcare provider to schedule a vaccine appointment.
- Be wary of any online solicitations for donations in relation to COVID-19.
- There are several acts of fraud being committed that exploit government programs specifically linked to state unemployment benefits and payment protection loans and grants for small businesses. The scammers will target what are referred to as "money mules", convicing unsuspecting people to allow funds to be deposited into their accounts and then asked to withdraw the funds and wire or send those funds via other means back to the fraudster. Sometimes these fraudsters portray themselves as military personnel overseas, as someone living in another state or even as someone you know. If you believe that you have been targeted by one of these schemes contact Arcadia Credit Union immediately at 608-323-2126 or 1-800-325-2126.
- Be wary of any contact you receive from anyone requesting personal information. There are several reports of fraud related to the recent COVID-19 pandemic. Indentity theft can become more prevalent during times of uncertainty. Prior to giving out any personal information please call us directly to confirm you are speaking with a representative of Arcadia Credit Union.
- The Coronavirus(COVID-19) has been a windfall for fraudsters as they exploit the global need for knowledge on the virus. Beware of phishing emails that appear to come from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Fraudsters have also created fake websites to exploit Johns Hopkins University's interactive Coronavirus dashboard to spread malware. If you believe you have been victim to any scam call us immediately.
- Carrying cash or storing it in your home is risky. If your money is lost, stolen or destroyed it cannot be replaced. Your funds are federally insured by NCUA up to $250,000 and are backed by the United States government when deposited in an insured credit union such as Arcadia Credit Union. You will continue to have access to your funds. If you have any questions about how Arcadia Credit Union protects your money don't hesitate to call us.